Sunday 7 August 2011

Montreal

Training has been going really well, it is hard work but very fun. We are starting to learn some pretty impressive tricks and everyone is adapting to the structure very well. I have met lots of new people within Cirque, everyone is very friendly. I had an amazing experience on Friday night in downtown Montreal. There is not enough space at the Cirque residence so some artists stay at an apartment block downtown called Trylon. It has an amazing roof top terrace that overlooks the whole city. We chilled there on Friday night before going out, it was beautiful. There were two English guys singing and playing guitar and the weather was warm, it was a great atmosphere. Montreal is a beautiful city. I have not seen nearly as much as I want to... but I am here for nearly a year so I have plenty of time. I love exploring and going on adventures... experiencing civilian life in Montreal. Today I really got to do that with Renee. We missed the bus to the metro so we had to walk, but it was a blessing in disguise as it enabled us to see all of the cute apartments and even stop at a garage sale! Garage sales are my favourite and I couldn't resist having a little look and chatting to the lovely old lady :) Our destination today was Jean-Talon markets. I absolutely love it there, there are local farmers selling their produce, amazing buskers and lots of dogs, it is such a nice place to be. Surrounding these markets are little cafes and my new favourites... the cheese shop and bakery. All of the food is reasonably priced in comparison to Australia and it is very fresh and healthy. Despite the heavy load we had to carry back... and the fact that we missed the bus, AGAIN, Jean-Talon Marche is one of my new favourite places to be. Speaking of favourite places, I have found a little set of chairs under some apple trees out the front of Cirque Headquarters. It is nice and shady and the chairs are super comfy, but no one seems to keen on sitting out with me which is a shame... they are missing out! Nevertheless, it is a great place to read a book or just chill.  Here are some pictures...

1 comment:

  1. Tain...u are so cute and creative. i love this :-) We are going to have an exciting next 2+ years

    ReplyDelete