Tuesday 2 August 2011

First day of training.

Technically, yesterday was our first day of work, but it only involved meetings and check ups, so the real training starts today! Yesterday I met the rest of the girls in my act, and they are all really nice. Besides Renee who is also Australian, they are all American. They are all a fair bit older then I am, 3 are engaged and one girl, Britt is already married! It is all good and well though, as it means I have some motherly figures to help me out with things I'm not so good at, such as grocery shopping and cooking! The Cirque headquarters is incredible. Of course the building itself is very impressive but it is such a warm and friendly place to be! Everyone smiles and greets you and makes you feel so welcome. Cirque is an environmentally friendly company so the gardens are lined with veggie patches, recycling is taken very seriously and all water is saved in rain tanks and reused. To add to this great place, the art and props etc. that are in the building are beautiful. I think they are pieces that were previously used in shows but I am not too sure. The strangest piece I saw yesterday was a life size horse hanging from the ceiling with its insides comprised of clock work. Another thing about Cirque that caught my eye was the library... it is free for all artists to hire books and dvds, which are mostly about the arts. Not only are there Cirque dvds, the library also has inspirational film and literature that has influenced the making of the shows. I think this will become a place I visit regularly! Ok, well I shall start getting ready for training! I am very excited to try out the new, and very strange piece of equipment that is in the building waiting for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment