Monday 15 August 2011

Falling for Montreal.


The more time I have been spending in this beautiful city, the more and more I am falling in love with it. Downtown Montreal is great, there is a very laid back and welcoming vibe in the streets. Everyone is friendly and up for some fun. I have had some very interesting encounters with strangers that have been rather entertaining. For example yesterday a man with VERY short shorts on (see photo below :)) was waving and joking around with me through the window of the opposite carriage on the metro. Even though he was a complete stranger he definetley put a smile on my face. Yesterday I finally made it to the tam tam's with Renee. This is on every Sunday and it is just people playing drums and relaxing... there are some nice hippy stalls and lots of people juggling, hula hooping etc. I really enjoyed myself there, Mont Royal is very pretty and watching all the hippies dancing was rather entertaining. After this we went to Trilon the other Cirque residence and I finally got to go on the rooftop terrace again... I had been missing this place. The view from the roof is breathtaking, too good to even photograph as I just wanted to enjoy every moment myself and store it away in my head!! So far, my three favourite places in Montreal are as listed... 1. The chair under the apple tree in the veggie patch section of Cirque Headquarters 2. The rooftop terrace of Trilon and 3. Sherbrooke in downtown Montreal. This place is beautiful, with lots of cafes and a very green and pretty park with a large hammock in the middle!

Of course, work has also been very good. Acting and dance classes are very fun... acting class especially surprised me. I thought I would hate it but I actually love this class. Bar training is still going very well, we are all quite tired and sore, but that doesn't stop us from having fun and practicing well. This week is a kind of rest week. We only have to artistic classes and training at night for three hours. Our artistic class this week is learning the New Zealanders Haka! This is to assist us in getting in touch with our inner warriors!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment