Monday 26 September 2011

Apologies

Well I am terribly sorry I haven't updated my blog for a while, I don't have any excuses I just haven't got around to it! This week is an exciting week as 15 performers from our show arrive and on Thursday we have our check point for the owner of Cirque, Guy Liberte. The past couple of weeks have been hard work but very progressive, we are beginning to tie parts of our act together, making it look like an artistic act rather then a gymnastics routine. Our Kung Fu and Haka classes are being utilised within our act as well, and the classes in themselves are really fun! One major change these past couple of weeks has been my diet and exercise regime, which I had to improve to help my endurance in training. Richard and myself have been eating lots of fresh fruit and veg, and I have been a good girl steering away from too much junk food. In order to increase my stamina Richard has been helping me with jogging and exercises on the athletics track. It is ridiculously hard work, nothing like what I am used to, but I feel very healthy, happy and satisfied from pushing myself. But honestly, I couldn't do it without Richards assistance, it is nice having somebody guiding me and motivating me when I want to stop! It has also been nice to get some of the other girls involved in running too, as cardio on the bike or stepper gets rather boring.

This week my schedule changes as we begin to work with the rest of the C2012 cast. I have stopped acting, kung fu and the haka and I start new artistic classes. This week I have three different styles of dance. The first is contact dance which I must admit is not my favourite... rolling around the floor sucks. The second style is Philipino stick dancing and the third is a mystery as of yet. To be honest, I have no idea what the stick dancing is going to be like, but I have a three hour work shop for it on Wednesday so I think I will have a pretty good idea after that! The weather in Montreal is still beautiful, we have been very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment